We are pleased to announce the 2014 Route!
Join us on August 3rd, 2014 for the second annual Sunday Streets Alive. Stayed tuned for more.
The 2013 Route
The first Sunday Streets Alive route featured a 4.2 mile car free route that allowed people to move, explore, and play through 7 major activity centers including Block 10 in downtown, the Vancouver Community Library, Fort Vancouver, Marshall Center, Clark College, Uptown Village, and John Ball Park. Over 100 vendors and activities took place during the 2013 Sunday Streets Alive at the different activity centers.
Since this was Vancouver’s first open street event, we really appreciate how respectful people were to one another. We had over 3,000 people attend the event and we were so excited to see how much fun everyone was having!
Here were our suggestions:
- We want Sunday Streets Alive to be an exciting and comfortable event for all ages so please be courteous of children and older adults whether they are on bike or foot by riding slowly and carefully.
- Remember that pedestrians always have the right of way so bicyclists, rollerbladers and skateboarders must yield to them.
- Be alert, patient and courteous since people along the route will be moving at different speeds and remember that slower traffic has the right-of-way.
- Please respect traffic control signs, flaggers, and intersection volunteers.
- Try to be predictable and walk or ride in a straight line and try not to make any sudden turns or movements.
- If you need to stop for a short break please move to the side out of the way of traffic flow.
- Dogs are welcome at Sunday Streets Alive but they must be on a leash at all times and please remember to clean up after them.
- Please dispose of trash in garbage and recycling containers that will be provided at activity centers and along the route.